Tuesday 4 March 2014

All Aboard!

It's always around bedtime the kids, especially my daughter, become especially interested in playing a board game (funny that). 9 times out of 10 I'm all "Off to bed with you, it's a school night!" ...but tonight I crumbled.

"Can we have a quick game of Ticket to Ride?" she'd asked, giving me that yearning puppy dog stare. I'm a big fan of T2R (I have the T2R:Europe edition) ~ It's so much fun, easy to play, has a good dose of tension, the play-time easily fits within an hour or less ...and it just looks great! She knew she had me.

Well, in the end, I actually had her ~ but a fun time was had by all. She certainly isn't a "bad loser", taking any loss in her stride, exclaiming she'll "get me next time" ;)

'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning'- Dr. Reiner Knizia

Drinks at the games table are usually cause for summary execution.

The final track layout. I (red ...always red) managed to avoid (with some luck) using any of my stations.

Tired after a hard evening's work.

My tickets to ride ;)

I must say, the upcoming Ticket to Ride 10th Anniversary Edition is looking rather sweet. I've been considering acquiring another T2R ...and I think that may just be the ticket I'm looking for ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment